Microdermabrasion: How It Works
Microdermabrasion is a cosmetic particle resurfacing treatment made to restore the appearance of skin by eradicating fine lines, sun deterioration, acne and uneven pigmentation.
This nonsurgical, non-chemical strategy is a relatively cutting edge procedure that become quite popular in the United States. It has been found in European countries starting the early 1990s and initially hit the market in the United States in 1998.
The treatment is usually considered harmless, excellent and pain-free. Microdermabrasion is often conducted at dermatologists' and plastic surgeons' clinics or even by aestheticians in spas and salons.
Clients undergoing microdermabrasion don't require anesthesia, as the only sensation they'll experience during the procedure is mild stinging. The person performing microdermabrasion utilizes handheld technological equipment that employs fine crystals to the client's skin.
The scratching clears out the dead surface skin cells and dirt, which were then suctioned away by the device along with the employed crystals.
After microdermabrasion, patients encounter only minor redness, which subsides after a few hours. They can return to their typical routines and start putting on makeup right away.
Microdermabrasion exfoliates the skin and clears the skin pores, making the skin with a healthful radiance. For beneficial results, nonetheless, about 5 to 10 applications are actually encouraged.
Occasionally additional periodic treatments are required to preserve the skin's healthful appearance. In some cases, microdermabrasion is suggested along with other skincare treatments like light chemical peels.
Conditions Handled by Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion is often accomplished as a facial treatment, however it enables you to refresh the skin on other parts of the body, including the neck, chest, hands and shoulders.
TBe aware that microdermabrasion is not really a cure-all for all types of skin issues. Microdermabrasion is a great method for dealing with and avoiding acne. Generally, microdermabrasion is a great remedy for the following problems:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun-damaged skin
- Bigger pores
- Moderate acne scars
- Superficial age spots
- Broken capillaries
- Mild hyperpigmentation
- Oily or dry skin patches
Several medical practitioners endorse microdermabrasion for eliminating skin bumps known as keratosis pilaris and to strengthen the appearance of stretch marks.
Choosing the Right Carmel Clinic For Microdermabrasion Treatment
Choosing the right clinic for microdermabrasion treatment can be tricky. However, there are ways that you can ensure that you are finding the clinic that is right for you and your needs. You will need to be prepared to do your research to find a clinic that is safe, and meets the guidelines that should be followed by every clinic. Do note that not all microdermabrasion Carmel clinics are created equally. Some cut corners to save the clinic itself some money, but cutting corners is not something that should be tolerated when looking for a clinic that treats the skin, the largest organ of the body.
Visit the Clinic
Here are some things that you will want to do before deciding which microdermabrasion Carmel clinic is the right clinic for you:
- Does the clinic have a positive feeling to it? When you call, is the receptionist polite? Does she seem to know what she is talking about?
- Does the clinic offer consultations? Can you speak with the derma specialist that will be performing your microdermabrasion so you can get a feel for how he or she runs their practice and get the answers to any questions you may have?
- Visit the clinic to get a first impression. Is it clean? Do you feel comfortable there?
- Does the clinic offer financing? Many times financing will often be needed for expensive procedures, or treatments that need multiple rounds.
Questions to ask
When calling a clinic, see if you can set up a consultation first to meet with the skin professionals that will be performing the microdermabrasion treatment. Many clinics will offer this. At this consultation, be very forward and ask questions. Possible questions to ask are:
How long have you been practicing?
- What is your medical background in? Are you certified to perform microdermabrasion?
- How many microdermabrasion treatments has he or she performed in the past? Has he or she done any similar treatments?
- Are the clinicians certified skin professionals? Be careful with this one. Many times a clinic might say that they are certified, but are truly not. Look for documentation of this hanging up in the office. Someone that was truly certified would want to show that off!
- Does he or she have any before and after photos they can share with you?
- Does he or she charge for follow-up consultations?
What Is The Cost Of Microdermabrasion In Zionsville and Carmel?
The price of microdermabrasion varies for each person depending on the extent of treatment necessary. Booth Dermatology & Cosmetic Care Center of Zionsville and Carmel accepts CareCredit® financing options that work with every budget! Please speak to our concierge team for more information.
How Do I Get Started?
Dr. Sally A. Booth and her staff will be happy to discuss the details with you. Please feel free to call for a private consultation at one of our offices in Carmel or Zionsville. Dr. Booth and her staff at Booth Dermatology & Cosmetic Care Center provide personalized care to residents of Zionsville and Carmel with state-of-the-art technology for optimal health, aesthetics, and patient satisfaction. To receive more information or schedule a consultation, call (317) 848-2427 to speak with our friendly staff.